The fruit Chiku has an exceptionally sweet and delicious flavour along with lots of nutritional values. Chiku is one of the best fruits to provide quick energy as Sapodilla is loaded with fructose and sucrose and regarded as a natural boosting energy food.
This sweet fruit is the store house of many nutrients, which is good for well being. The Chikoo, which is botanically known as Manilkara zapota is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, C and E, copper, iron, etc.
Benefits of Chikoo:
- Chikoo is very rich in fiber, and thus behaves as a Laxative. So, consumption of chikoo is good for digestion and gastritis. A mixture of Chikoo with a pinch of salt is used as a treatment for constipation. So, it helps in promoting weight loss and prevents obesity.
- Chikoo helps in preventing the occurrence of Colon Cancer, Oral cavity, and Lung Cancer. Fibre present in Chikoo protects the mucous membrane in the Colon from Cancer.
- Vitamins, Minerals, and sugars like sucrose and fructose present in Chikoo energize the body, provide resistance against pathogens and help in destroying free radicals. Vitamin A helps in maintaining good vision and healthy skin.
- Chikoo consists of Tannins which act as a medicine to hemorrhoids.
- Not only the fruit but also its leaves are used as medicine to reduce inflammation. After taking fresh leaves and boiling them in water for ten minutes, leaves are separated, and water is consumed. This water can also be used for gargling.
- Chikoo has a haemostatic quality which helps in preventing the loss of blood during piles and injuries.
- Consumption of Chikoo helps in reducing bacterial and viral infections and also helps in ease of pain and muscle spasms. It acts as a medicine for cold and cough. It helps in removing blockage of nose.
- Chikoo acts as natural sedative helps in reducing stress and relaxation of nerves. It is considered to be a best natural anti-depressant. It acts as a medicine for insomnia, anxiety and panic disorders. It improves mental health.
- Chikoo is rich in latex, which is used by dentists to fill tooth cavities.Folic acid present in chikoo helps in the formation of red blood cells. Chikoo supports in the development of the fetus during pregnancy.
- A paste made with chikoo fruits and flowers prevents pulmonary
- Chikoo can be eaten with skin. It helps in maintenance of good health.
- Potassium in chikoo regulates blood pressure and blood circulation.
- Chikoo prevents water retention in the body by maintaining water content
- Chikoo helps in removing toxins from the body through frequent urination. It helps in removing body wastes. It protects kidneys and also supports in the removal of kidney and bladder stones.
- Chikoo seeds can be made into a paste and used as an ointment for insect bites.
Traditional Uses of Chikoo:
- Chikoo has amazing benefits for your hair and skin.
- Eating chikoo helps in maintaining healthy hair.
- Chikoo acts as a medicine for seborrheic dermatitis.
- Chikoo seeds can be made into a paste and applied to the scalp, which treats dandruff.
- Oil extracts of chikoo seeds provide nourishment for hair and scalp.
- Consumption of chikoo helps in maintaining glowing and healthy skin.
- Vitamins present in chikoo moisturize the skin and make it look beautiful.
- Seed kernel oil of Chikoo is used as a skin ointment.
- Antioxidants present in chikoo fight against aging and reduce wrinkles.
- Chikoo helps in making skin smooth and fights against fungal infections.