Welcome to stay in our food forest project sites!
Currently we have 3 beautiful locations where stay is possible:
Sohagpur, DIstrict Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh (Our head office and main learning site)
Sahjivan, Solan, Himachal Pradesh (our associated food forest)
Thapla village, Srinagar district, Uttaranchal ( our associated project)
1. SOHAGPUR FOOD FOREST:
What to Expect?
Each season has a different flavor. Facilities will be rustic, and comfortable. Its the last tribal village adjoining Satpura Tiger reserve forests. Our food forests are also now dense vegetation in half the area.
So one will get the feel of living in real unseen India, a vibrant tribal village and food forest.
Best for those looking to discover and experience any of the following:
- A forest dweller life set in the dense Satpura forests, the tribal village festivals, vanishing customs, foods etc.
- The power of nature to heal and reset the mind and health
- Reconnect with one’s own self by connecting with nature
- How we create food forests
- An idyllic life, doing and creating impressions in a food forest, sleeping on machaans, reading books with concentration, etc
- Enjoying life as a tribal society
- Experience the real problems this world is going to face once nature looses
Location: Sohagpur, Village chedka , Aranyaani Food forests (near Satpura Tiger reserve).
Facility: 150 acre dense Aranyaani food forest near Madai (entrance to Satpura Tiger reserve).
Stay is open all year round, but discuss with us before coming in Monsoons i.e. from July to September month.
Duration of Stay: Upto you. Expected cost will be Rs.700 per day for your lodging. We do not charge for boarding. Any extra consumables might be charged extra if not produced in our facility.
Typical activities that occur during stay are:
- Participating in normal farm work according to season: Pruning, mulching, taking care of animals and birds, preparing pulses, millets, sun drying foods, preparing stems and seed balls, watering etc.
- Learning to make your own facilities with our help : machaans, temp huts, etc.
- Learning some skills like pottery, wood work, brewing etc.
- Teaching village kids about your experiences or a particular subject, and learning from the
- Food forest activities: Camping, Campfire, Trekking, walk in the woods, sports (we have basic tennis , etc set up)
- Aranyaani knowledge sharing: How foods and nature heals, sharing life philosophies with our core team, etc
Please visit Airbnb.co.in and block your dates there by searching for ' Aranyaani' , or Whatsapp on +91 99265 37777.
2. SOLAN SAHJIVAN PROJECT:
The Sahjivan food forest project is 12 kms from Solan. The place belong to Gopal Negi ji who is a practitioner of Fukuoka's philosophy. We envisage it as the regional centre for all food forest project in Solan valley.
3. THAPLA, SRINAGAR, Uttarakhand