DON’T WAIT. Give Your Family our Raw Haldi Today for lifelong health!
1. Health, health and health: Raw Turmeric is the ‘Golden herb’ of Ayurveda. Its anti-cancer properties are well known. It is popularly used as a spice in Indian and Asian cuisine. Raw turmeric has several health benefits which turmeric powder will not have. For example turmeric oil is one constituents which is lost when you process turmeric. The flesh of the rhizome has a golden yellow hue and it has a bitter, spicy taste. It has two bioactive fractions:
-Curcuminoids: a group of antioxidants that impart the yellow color to the herb. Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid.
-Turmeric oil: a group of organic compounds that impart aroma and pharmacological properties to the spice.
2. Loss of curcumin: Curcumin, the key active ingredient is lost to an extent, while processing. Yes!, Based on what process is used to make powder turmeric from raw turmeric
3. Problem of bioavailability solved: You do not actually need anything to absorb curcumin if you are using whole turmeric. The reason is mother nature has already included an oil in it – “turmeric oil”. Turmeric oil is around 6-9% of raw turmeric.
4. Quality control: You have more control over quality as additives / fillers and colours are added to turmeric during its processing. If we eliminate this process we eliminate a potential area of adulteration.
5. Great aroma and real taste: Raw turmeric has great aroma as compared to powdered one. This is because of the oils present in it. This can add a distinct taste to your food.
DO YOU KNOW?
1. Older the plant, better the health benefits: We have turmeric plants that have been there for years!. Each summers they dry up and re grow in Monsoons. Older plants have higher oil and Curcumin content.
2. Raw Turmeric year round supply is possible only from natural farms: Monocrop, chemical infested and tilled fields cannot support multi-year regenerative turmeric. Leaving live turmeric safely inside the soil in summers is only possible in high biomass natural farms. Hence there is so much raw powder but little fresh turmeric year round.
3. There are various types of turmeric in our food forests: Some of the varieties like Kali Haldi are rare and even go for Rs. 10000/- per kg. They have string medicinal use.
4. We provide Raw haldi year round at economical prices. We also provide it Free to needy folks.
How to use raw turmeric?
The usage is not very different from powder at all.
You can use raw turmeric to: •Make golden paste •Make golden milk (after grating) •Add to curies •Add to smoothies •Make turmeric pickle •Add to salads .. and so on .
The list is endless and just limited by your imagination.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAW TURMERIC
• Digestive Tract Benefits
Raw turmeric contains curcumin which helps trigger bile production, which is considered to help the digestive system. Consumption of raw turmeric may also help reduce the symptoms of indigestion and alleviate heartburn. According to The National Institute of Health, use of turmeric can also treat stomach ulcers.
• Anti-inflammatory Benefits
Raw turmeric is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties. Because of this reason, it is often used as part of the course of treatment for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Besides, it can also help with the pain and loss of mobility that occur in these conditions.
• Prevents Heart Problems and Stroke
Consumption of raw turmeric also helps prevent heart disease, heart attack and stroke. It not only helps stop atherosclerosis, but also prevents blood clots.
• Prevents Cancer
The antioxidant properties of turmeric help prevent, manage and treat various forms of cancer, including skin, breast, prostate and colon cancer. It is believed that this yellow herb is effective in stopping the growth of existing cancer and even destroys cancer cells.
• Other Benefits of Raw Turmeric
Using raw turmeric may also help regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics. Some other benefits of raw turmeric include gallstone prevention and liver protection.