‘GRAMODAYA – A Rural Awakening’ aims to bring rural development education to Chedka children (Age 14+ years) at their doorstep, at school level, so that they become employable locally, after completing schooling.
With a 2-year curriculum devised by the best rural development academicians, for rural adolescent children, Gramodaya helps each student attain expertise in any 2 areas of rural development as per their choice, and also mainstreams them with the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Time required for self sustainability of Program: 5 years i.e. 4 batches passing out
- Maximum Number of students in each batch: 15
- How Sustainability is Achieved: Employers of Each student who has benefitted and employed them to fund one student in the Program
- Instructors’ (2 minimum on full time basis) remuneration per annum: Rs. 2,40,000/-
- Students’ support (15 students) per annum: Rs. 1,50,000/- (if more students come, we shall reduce per person support)
- Expendables, material costs per annum: Rs. 40,000/-
- Coordination cost: Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
- Course management and affiliation cost: Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum
- Facilities : Shared by Village community/ Aranyaani
- TOTAL COMMITMENT PER ANNUM: Rs. 7,80,000/- per annum (Approx. USD 11200)
- MINIMUM COMMITMENT OVER 2 YEARS FOR PROGRAM TO START : Rs. 16,80,000/- (Approx USD 24100)