We are working with OASIS (NGO in India) and ‘Light A Lamp’ (NGO based in USA), to uplift one village, along all dimensions. This village is where we are present with a large food forest, and ecology related work has already happened in last 10 years.
MORE ABOUT EACH Program:
- Gramodaya Rural Education Program
- Gyan Deepmala Program
- Atma Nirbhar Program
- Sports Support Program
- Cultural Support Program
- Ecology Development Program
- HOW TO DONATE (Click here for more details)
- To create one village as a showcase template for others
- To make Chedka Village :
–‘Ecologically self sustainable’
–‘Holistic development that enhances/preserves its ecological and cultural uniqueness’
–‘Knowledge bank and resource repository’ for other villages
ABOUT CHEDKA VILLAGE:
- Location : https://firstname.lastname@example.org,78.1859576,1443m/data=!3m1!1e3
- About 120 kms from Bhopal (2 hours by road)
- A small forest village, with a populations of about 300 people- all of them Gond tribals.
- At the bank of a forest river, Palakmati, which is facing extinction.
- Village has many graduates and a small education centre.
- It is surrounded on all sides by forests within Satpura Zone.
- Existing Education is not leading to jobs/skills that have utility for their work
- Existing exposure can’t lead devoted children to higher degrees or roles despite reservation
- The village has had a glorious tradition and distinct culture but is not able to market or earn due to technology and skill gaps
- Ecology and its revenue impacts have been decreasing significantly, also leading to increase in living costs
- Latent talent for Sports, also does not get exposure
- Many natural skills need refinement and connectivity to market
EXISTING ACTIVITIES GOING ON THAT WILL HELP OUR CAUSE:
- Aranyaani , Big India Farms and Sandeep Saxena, have been building a food forest on a large area on the village. It has connectivity to markets and eCommerce sites.
- While Gramodaya is about developmental education, perhaps it will be useful for the kids in Chedka village to know about universality of issues they face, which I believe will give them a sense of self-belief, and motivation. Sharing and taking a broader view, talking to kids in a different country may be interesting to them
- Food forest provides Easy availability of stems, seeds and resources required to increase biodiversity and restore ecology.
- Many government schemes in the village being conducted by a Gandhi Ashram.
KEY PROJECT EXECUTION PARTNERS AND ROLE:
|PARTNER NAME||DETAILS||ROLE DESCRIPTION|
(Organisation for Awareness of Integrated Social Security)
Vision: “Every human being – a Socially Secured Citizen”.
Mission: “To organize systems and approaches that empowers every citizen, towards a socially equitable and economically sustainable status”.
Founder and President: Pradeep Ghosh
Asoka profile: http://www.changemakers.com/users/pradeep-ghosh
|1.Overall Program Execution
2.Resource Distribution and Planning
|LIGHT A LAMP||www.lightalamp.net. Light a lamp has IRS approval for 501 c3, so any funds it collects in the US will be tax deductible for the donors||1.Specific Program Management
2.Fund Generation in US
(Aranyaani Natural Foods Pvt. Ltd.)
Organisation creating food forest in the Chedka Village
|1.Specific program guidance
|SANDEEP SAXENA||Profile: https://www.facebook.com/sandeep.saxena.24
Farmer in the village
|1.Land and Facilities sharing
2.Local feedback and planning
3.Active participation in execution