Welcome to stay in our food forests!
(Please see the Calendar below to know the activities and availability)
Looking to discover and experience any of the following:
- A forest dweller life set in the dense Satpura forests, the tribal village festivals, vanishing customs, foods etc.
- The power of nature to heal and reset the mind and health
- Reconnect with one’s own self by connecting with nature
- How we create food forests
- An idyllic life, doing and creating impressions in a food forest, sleeping on machaans, reading books with concentration, etc
- Enjoying life as a tribal society
- Experience the real problems this world is going to face once nature looses
Then book your travel tickets now! We are one of the few such pristine experiences still available on this planet. One learns about life, healing, philosophy, survival skills, nature and natural food forests, tribal and other village society around it, and how we are connecting the dots to make all of it relevant in these times.
Since we are not a commercial set up, we can accommodate only upto 6 to 8 visitors at a time, apart from our regular in house folks.
Location: Sohagpur, Village chedka , Aranyaani Food forests (near Satpura Tiger reserve).
Facility: 150 acre dense Aranyaani food forest near Madai (entrance to Satpura Tiger reserve).
- 2 rooms for guests
- 4 huts/cottages with modern comfort
- Additional machaans for experience
Duration of Stay: Upto you. Expected cost will be Rs.700 per day for your lodging. We do not charge for boarding. Any extra consumables might be charged extra if not produced in our facility.
Typical activities that occur during stay are:
- Participating in normal farm work according to season: Pruning, mulching, taking care of animals and birds, preparing pulses, millets, sun drying foods, preparing stems and seed balls, watering etc.
- Learning to make your own facilities with our help : machaans, temp huts, etc.
- Learning some skills like pottery, wood work, brewing etc.
- Teaching village kids about your experiences or a particular subject, and learning from the villagers.
- Food forest activities: Camping, Campfire, Trekking, walk in the woods, sports (we have basic tennis , etc set up)
- Aranyaani knowledge sharing: How foods and nature heals, sharing life
- philosophies wiaaith our core team , etc.
Stay is open all year round, but discuss with us before coming in Monsoons i.e. from July to September month.
Check Activities and Availability here.
What do visitors say?
How to book: Please mail to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
Nearest airports: Bhopal (120 kms), Nagpur (280 kms), Jabalpur (190 kms)
Nearest railheads : Sohagpur (10 kms to Aranyaani food forest) , Pipariya (28 kms), Hoshangabad ( 55 kms)
Currently Open location is Sohagpur. In future, we will open Amarwara, Dindori and Bandhavgarh food forests too for stays.